Because our products are so unique and combine extraordinary ingredients rarely found in other skincare brands, one of the most frequent questions we get at Laloirelle is how you should use our products for the best results.
I’m going to share with you my exact skincare routine that keeps my skin looking and feeling its best every day, while taking advantage of the rejuvenating properties and anti-aging ingredients you’ll find in our Laloirelle products.
There are four basic steps to the Laloirelle skincare routine:
Let’s go through each step, why they’re important, and how you can use Laloirelle to get the amazing results you’re looking for.
The reason I created organic soap bar cleansers rather than traditional water-based cleansers is that the surfactants you find in traditional water-based cleansers irritate and dry out your skin after washing, which can accelerate aging. Our soap cleansers are made using organic plant oils that leave your skin incredibly soft, without stripping away the moisture your skin needs to stay healthy and young.
Depending on the state your skin is in, you can choose the soap bar cleanser that best fits your needs. Your skincare routine will change over time, and will depend on things such as your hydration level, whether you’ve been traveling, if you’re under stress, hormonal changes and more to determine which option works for you.
Here is what we look for in our soap bar cleansers based on your skin type and skincare needs:
- Renew & Balance Bar Soap – The Laloirelle Renew & Balance Bar Soap combines charcoal and tea tree to help balance sebum, detoxify skin, and sweep away impurities that can contribute to skin problems. It’s best suited for normal to oily or acne-prone skin types.
- Renew & Calm Bar Soap – The Laloirelle Renew & Calm Bar Soap is infused with calendula and pink grapefruit to soothe and nurture skin thanks to its rich supply of vitamins and antioxidants, while removing impurities and oils that can clog your pores. It’s perfect if you have normal to sensitive skin.
- Renew & Lift Bar Soap – Enhanced with chlorophyll and thyme, our Renew & Lift Bar Soap is rich in vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as antioxidants to helps revitalize and firm skin, making it an excellent addition to any anti-aging regimen.
- Renew & Regenerate Bar Soap – Bergamot and blood orange enrich our Renew & Regenerate Bar Soap with skin nurturing properties and help to reinforce your skin’s natural barrier for healthier, smoother, glowing skin. It’s a great choice if you have normal or mature skin.
I use my Laloirelle bar soap cleanser at night after makeup removal and again first thing in the morning.
How to Use: You can choose to use it one of two ways.
(1) Wet your face and rub soap bar on both sides of face and forehead. Then use wet hands to massage soap over the whole face to clean. Rinse well with water.
(2) Wet your hands and then rub soap bar on hands. Massage wet face with hands to clean. Rinse well with water.
Whichever you choose, you’ll find your skin has never felt cleaner or healthier.
The next step in my skincare routine is toning, and it’s a very important one that should not be skipped.
The reason it’s necessary is that it not only sweeps any residual dirt and makeup that could clog your pores, it also quickly hydrates your skin, helps balance its pH level, and prepares your skin for the next steps in the routine. Using a toner even helps to remove dead skin cells that can leave your complexion looking dull. Use it daily to promote a brighter, more even tone, and a youthful glow.
Our Laloirelle Clear Skin Replenishing Toner is formulated with:
- Cornflower flower distillate – The anthocyanins found in cornflowers have potent antioxidant properties and help support a balanced tone while soothing your skin.
- Aloe vera leaf juice – Known for its rejuvenating properties, the polysaccharides in aloe vera moisturize and hydrate your skin to smooth fine lines and combat the signs of aging.
- Dandelion root distillate – Dandelion is rich in vitamins, A, C, and D, iron, magnesium, zinc, potassium, copper, and calcium, all designed to promote healthy, youthful skin with enhanced elasticity.
- Helichrysum flower distillate – Helichrysum is also known as Everlasting, or Immortelle because of its anti-aging powers.
- Licorice root extract – A traditional Chinese herb, licorice root is best known for its rich antioxidants and its ability to beautify and calm the skin, support balanced inflammation, and sweep away impurities.
The best way to use our replenishing toner is to either apply it to your face using a cotton ball or add it to the palms of your hand and gently tap your face until the liquid is fully absorbed. The first way helps to remove any residual dirt or makeup, while the second can quickly hydrate your skin and help prepare it for the next steps in our skincare routine.
Bonus: I also like to add 2-3 drops of our Laloirelle face oil along with the toner to cotton pads to make a mask, and lay the cotton over both sides of my face and forehead for 5-10 minutes. This helps to boost hydration and add nutrients for a softer, smoother skin.
At Laloirelle, we only formulate face oil moisturizers rather than water-based moisturizers because of the amazing benefits they have to offer for every skin type.
Not only are they more hydrating and better absorbed by your skin, but oil is also rich in nutrients, fatty acids, omegas, and the minerals your skin needs to stay healthy and youthful. In fact, no matter what your skin type, you can benefit from using a face oil instead of a water-based moisturizer. Simply choose the face oil that best suits your skin type and needs.
- Age Defy Face Oil – This oil combines the ultimate in anti-aging herbal extracts along with our proprietary Herbal Rejuvenation Complex and superfruits to reverse the visible signs of aging, hydrate and revitalize your skin, and reawaken your glow. It’s perfect for normal and dry skin.
- Regenerative Face Oil – Infused with antioxidant-rich tea extracts, Fall gold ginkgo leaf extract, Argan and our Herbal Rejuvenation Complex, this face oil helps to fade the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, promote elasticity and firm skin, and support skin cell regeneration. These skin-beautifying benefits make it perfect for premature and mature skin.
- Renew and Balance Face Oil – A potent blend of Chinese licorice root, dandelion, and horse chestnut extracts, along with German chamomile and Squalene this oil is perfect for acne-prone or oil skin types. The formulation helps to balance sebum production, promote clear, healthy skin and even tone.
- Luminous Face Oil – This face oil is a decadent blend of white peony root, marigold flower, and lotus leaf extracts and is infused with cacao and pomegranate seed oils for translucent, radiant skin that feels hydrated, plumped and firm. Perfect for normal to sensitive skin types.
- Ultra Hydration Face Oil – A deeply nourishing combination of red ginseng, shitake mushroom, and elder flower extracts pairs perfectly with Helichrysum flower and avocado oils to deeply hydrate, promote elasticity, and instantly fill in fine lines and wrinkles. Undoubtedly the choice for very dry or mature skin.
I always use face oil both morning and night, following my toner.
For AM usage, apply oil followed by serum. Then apply sunscreen or makeup foundation. I like to add 1-2 drops of the oil to my makeup foundation, which helps to keep my makeup moist so it doesn’t settle into fine lines.
For PM usage, simply apply face oil followed by serum.
The final step in my skincare routine is serum, and I’m never without my Laloirelle Age Renewal Serum. Serum is a vital step because it is highly concentrated, providing you with the most effective levels of nutrients, herbal extracts, and active vitamins available.
Our Age Renewal Serum delivers:
- 5-Stem Cells Complex – Fortified with a combination of agave, saffron, apple, argan, and pumpkin seed cell extracts, our Age Renewal Serum reduces the signs of aging, defend against environmental stress, and keep skin looking youthful.
- Retinol (Vitamin A) – One of the best known and most potent anti-aging ingredients.
- American ginseng root extract – Containing Ginseng, our serum helps to smooth, brighten, and clear skin for an even tone, fewer fine lines and wrinkles appearance, and ultimate skin health.
- Phospholipids – An incredibly efficient vehicle to enhance delivery of nutrients to your skin cells.
- Hyaluronate acid – Capable of holding up to 1,000 times its weight in moisture, it helps smooth skin, promote elasticity, and support skin’s natural protective mechanism. Our serum is made with maximum HA dosage for unbeatable results.
I use our serum one of two ways, either by applying on top of our oil moisturizer or by blending 2-3 drops of my face oil with one drop of serum for a lighter feel when less moisturizing is desired, such as in summer time.
Why do I apply serum after oil moisturizer?
You may also be wondering why I apply the serum after or with the moisturizer since traditionally serum is used prior to water-based moisturizers.
The reason our serum is best used after applying our face oils is that since oil is better recognized by your skin, it’s also more efficiently absorbed. When you apply our face oil moisturizer first, it’s able to act as a vehicle, enhancing the delivery of our serum and giving you even more amazing results.