This article covers the following for Normal to Oily/ Acne-Prone Skin Types:
- Symptoms and causes of Normal to Oily/ Acne Prone Skin Types
- How to take care Normal to Oily/ Acne Prone Skin Types and Laloirelle skincare routine
- Diet and lifestyle tips for Normal to Oily/ Acne Prone Skin Types
Oily skin is usually identified by shine on the skin. People with oily skin are more vulnerable to acne breakouts. Oily/ acne prone skin necessitates the need to change the routine and dietary habits.
- Large visible pores
- Skin appears thick and pale
- Acne prone skin, specifically the T-Zone
- Greasy look
- More elasticity
- Skin appears hydrated
- Wrinkles and fine lines are not much visible
- Clogged pores
Oily skin is often linked with the genetics in which active oil glands tend to produce more sebum that helps to keep skin supple and hydrated. Other factors like hormonal changes stimulate the production of sebum resulting in large pores, pimples and acne scars. Black and whiteheads are often formed due to excessive oil production. Stress, certain medications, fried foodstuff, heat, humidity, and certain skin products can also influence the production of sebum.
How to Take Care Normal to Oily/ Acne-Prone Skin Types?
People who are struggling with excess sebum and acne prone skin go straight for the products that assure to dry out the oily skin. The harsh products inside these products can strip away the natural oil from the skin and can actually cause more damage.
Oily skin often occurs when oil is produced to balance out skin that’s lacking in moisture. It may go against everything you’ve done in the past, but the best solution for this type of problem skin is to use light oils that can help balance your skin’s sebum production without clogging pores. The optimal oil moisturizer to balance skin’s sebum production and help clear skin is our Laloirelle Renew and Balance Face Oil. Its combination of plant oils, herbal extracts, and essential oils help to balance sebum production without clogging your pores. The flavonoids in the formulation also deliver an amazing source of antioxidants to combat aging, and its astringent and anti-bacterial properties help keep your skin healthy and smooth.
There are four basic steps to the Laloirelle skincare routine:
- Cleanser 2. Toner 3. Moisturizer 4. Serum
Goal for Normal to Oily/ Acne-Prone Skin Types: to use light oils that can help balance your skin’s sebum production without clogging pores.
Diet and Lifestyle Tips for Normal to Oily/Acne-Prone Skin Types
People with oily skin cannot alter their genetics but the routine habits can help to balance out the oil production. Changing dietary habits may also be beneficial as acne is often related to the type of food we consume.
- Wash skin twice with a gentle cleanser in a day
- Wash after exercising and sweating
- Avoid scrubbing
- Avoid touching, popping or squeezing the pimples
- Invest in non-comedogenic products as they prevent clogging
- Use lightweight moisturizers
- Clean up your face every night before sleeping
Some foods that are beneficial for oily skin include:
- Soy products
- Flax seeds and Mustard seeds
- Wild rice
- Grass-fed beef
- Anti-oxidant rich food